There is no doubt that PayPal has its reputation as a secure and highly useful platform for payment solutions. However, that doesn’t rectify the existence of the bad people using the platform for spamming and misusing it. So, knowing how to block someone on PayPal will help you stay out of these people and stay safe from scam and spam.
As there are 2 types of PayPal account: Personal and Business, the process would be different as well. On a personal account, you can either ignore the payment notes from the user, report to PayPal, or block them manually. For a business account, you can block them for both sending and receiving money from or to you. Let’s know them both in detail:
How to Block Someone on Personal Account
Keeping your PayPal account safe from another PayPal account can be done in a bunch of ways. Since it’s a personal account, meant to be used by an individual, blocking a contact directly might not be an option.
The easiest way is to ignore when somebody sends you payment notes for once or twice. If the contact keeps sending notes repeatedly, contact PayPal support and let them know what’s happening. It’s the best way to get rid of the stubborn scammers.
Now, before you go call PayPal support, be sure that you’re using a Verified PayPal Account to have a strong base for yourself.
Contact PayPal Support on: 1800-419-9833
How to Block Someone on PayPal With Business Account
If you’re using PayPal with a business account, the best way to get rid of the unwanted PayPal contacts is by blocking them. And the business account gives you the ability to block anybody as a standalone process. You can do this from both the PayPal website and the PayPal mobile app for both iOS and Android. Here are the processes to do so:
How To Block Someone On Paypal Website
If you’re using PayPal from a PC or Mac and have a business account, here is the process to block any PayPal contact:
- First, go to the PayPal website, log into your account, and go to your PayPal Contacts. You’ll see all the contacts you’ve done transactions with and have in the account.
- Now, choose the name of the person you want to block, you’ll see an option saying “Block this contact”. Click on it to block the contact.
- PayPal will ask for your confirmation after clicking block contact. Confirm the blocking process. And the contact won’t be able to contact you anymore.
How To Block Someone On Paypal Mobile App
If you’re using PayPal from the PayPal app, here is the process you’ll follow to block somebody on PayPal:
(It works for both iOS and Android PayPal app)
- First, tap on the “Send” button. You’ll see “Your contacts” here.
- Find the specific person you want to block from your PayPal contact list.
- Tap on the “More Options” icon right next to the contact name.
- Now, tap on the block option, select the contact’s name here.
- The app needs you to confirm the blocking process. Tap on “Block” again to confirm.
Once you block a PayPal contact, they cannot receive any payment from you, send you money, or message you anymore. They won’t be even able to find you in their PayPal directories.
Alternatively, if you only need to keep somebody from sending money to you, you can:
Block Somebody From Receiving Payment:
You can limit the payment amount for a specific sender as a business account holder. You can also provide payment instructions for the sender, and have conditional blocking options if necessary.
To block the contact from sending payments to your business account, follow the process:
- Log into your PayPal account from the web or the app.
- Go to the “setting tools” under the “Setting menu”.
- You’ll see a “Getting paid and managing my risks” option here; click on the “Update” button.
- Here, you can select the “Block payments” option.
- There are a couple of other options here as well, such so:
And for “Request money”, you have complete control over whom you send money requests on PayPal. So, there’s no issue with getting in trouble while you’re sending money to others. To send money to a contact, select the “Request” button on the profile.
What Happens If You Block Someone On Paypal?
PayPal provides a user directory to the users where they can find the contacts to do transactions. Once you block somebody on PayPal, the person won’t be able to see you in their directory. They cannot message you no more and won’t be able to send money to your account, nor they will receive any money from you. This way, you can keep somebody to stay away from your premises and stay safe if you’re blocking a spammer or fraud.
Using PayPal indeed makes online transactions a lot easier as well as more fluent for payments or sending money. However, the popularity of this platform makes it a little too available for the bad people who are trying to scam regular users. The best way to avoid any negative phenomenon is to block them from your PayPal account.
Now that you know the complete process on how to block someone on paypal, use it to stay safe from contacts with bad intentions. On a different note, you can help other PayPal users by reporting the issue to PayPal support and having them banned from the platform.