PayPal has a vast number of active accounts around the globe in over 200+ countries, topping all other competitors. This popularity is because of its business integrations and facilities you can avail, even from a personal account. Many people use PayPal only for business, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
In fact, business accounts offer much more than personal ones. However, if you’re not handling a business anymore, and wondering how to change PayPal business account to personal, this article is for you. We’ll talk about if you can get your PayPal business account converted into a personal one in the first place. And if possible, how you can get that done.
Let’s dive deep into the matter and know how it’s done.
Why Do You Need to Downgrade Your PayPal Account?
There could be plenty of reasons for you to downgrade your PayPal business account to a personal one. You may not have the business on going anymore and don’t want to have a business account anymore.
Since business accounts have an untold truth behind them, and that’s dispute, having such an account can be a headache. Besides, When it comes to business accounts, there are maintenance issues as well. For instance, you might not want to keep on using it while having employees having access.
How To Change PayPal Business Account To Personal
Converting your PayPal business account into a personal one is not a regular thing you’d do. Therefore you have to contact the PayPal support team to get this job done. Here is how to change PayPal business account to personal account with a few simple steps into the process:
Step 1: Log into your PayPal account from the homepage and scroll to the bottom, where you can find the essential links listed.
Step 2: Click on the “Contact” button, and you’ll be redirected to the next page, where you’d click on the “Account profile and set up” menu.
Step 3: On the next page, you’ll see the “Upgrade or downgrade your account”, click on that and you’ll get 3 options in the next page.
Step 4: Here, there are three ways to contact PayPal regarding the downgrading process. You can message the support to downgrade PayPal account for you. Either way, describe why you need to downgrade the account to PayPal support.
Call PayPal support: If you’re okay with calling PayPal support, go ahead and do that instead of messaging them. It’s the best option for immediate assistance from PayPal support. Click on the “Call us” button, PayPal will give you a temporary password token that you’ll use after calling the support number underneath.
How to change PayPal personal account to business account
Changing a PayPal personal account into a business one is the most popular term in terms of account management. If you’re using a personal account and want to upgrade to a business account, you can do that by following these steps ahead:
- Log into your PayPal account and go to profile settings, select the “Upgrade to business account” option to change the PayPal account type.
- Here, PayPal will ask you to specify your business type and go further for the next steps.
- You’ll be redirected to the business account sign-up page, from there and fill out the form with all the information PayPal asks for.
- Select your business category, its sub-category, and the display name apart from Email address for your business that your customers will see.
- Review the FATCA compliance terms (if you’re from outside the US), clarify and submit for approval.
- Once you have the account created, add a bank account if not had it already there as a personal account to avail business account feature.
- Upload your proof of identity, proof of residence. In some cases, PayPal may also ask for your business address and other proof of business entity.
Although a PayPal business account can be a one-stop solution for business owners, as an online payment method alongside debit or credit card payments. However, that doesn’t mean you’d continue the business account all life. Now that you know how to change PayPal business account to personal, you should be able to get that done just fine. If you want to get your personal profile converted into a business account, that also can be a great thing to do.