eBay is the perfect eCommerce platform to sell the goods you don’t need anymore or if you want to buy something that you cannot find elsewhere. It’s a very well known platform where you can find goods that are rare in any other eCommerce platforms online.
eBay account for business or personal use: How to set up and use
There are plenty of possibilities to do businesses on eBay to buy and sell in small or large quantities. Either you want to buy or sell items, you need an account on eBay first. There are two types of accounts on eBay, one for personal usage, another for business purposes. I will talk about how you can set up an account on eBay.
eBay Personal or Business? Which one to go with?
Before you get through the procedures of setting up an account, you should know which type of account you should go with. Both of them come with their pros and cons; Here I will give you an idea about both of them.
A personal account on eBay is for casual buying and selling; you will be able to buy and sell items but in a limited amount. You can sell only the items that are marked for resale; you cannot do business and sell in a large amount. You cannot accept payments from non-US accounts, if you still want to, you will have to pay an extra fee of 1% of each transaction. If you want to convert your existing personal eBay account into a business account, you can do it easily. I will talk about that in this article later.
If you go for a business account on eBay, there will be some extra paperwork as it’s a full-scale business. The annual taxations of your income and business will be complicated as well. However, you make money; you give in some extra effort, so that’s okay. Now for the advantages of having a business account on eBay are way more than the cons of it.
Once you start as a new seller, you will have selling limitations as low as $500 and 10 items a month. However, as you grow bigger with a positive experience, your limitations will be way higher. You will have access to better promotions and tools to do your business easily. Your taxes will be lower, and you are getting legal protections as a registered business.
How to set up a Personal account
To set up your personal account on eBay, follow the procedure mentioned below:
- First off, you need to go to eBay.com and navigate to the top left corner where you can find the “Register” button. Click on the Register button, and you will have some input fields with the name, email, and password labels above them.
- Put in your first name, last name, and your valid email address, which you have instant access to, then create a new password.
- You can register with your Google or Facebook account, click on the “Continue with Facebook” or “Continue with Google” on the right side of the screen.
- After you’ve inserted all your information on the proper fields, you should read the User Agreements and the Privacy Notice.
- Now hit on “Create account” Button, and eBay will redirect you to the homepage. Now you have to personalize your account.
Personalizing your account
Navigate to the “My eBay” button to the top right of the homepage of eBay to personalize your account. However, you can start selling items right after you created the account. Follow the procedure to personalize:
- Navigate to the “Personal info” tab to input additional information about your account. Here, you can put in password security, edit the shipping address for the items you purchase on eBay.
- The “Payment Options” tab will allow you to add your PayPal account; you can also add your debit or credit card for checkout. PayPal is owned by eBay as well, so PayPal will give you a better eBay experience.
- Under the “Account Preferences” tab, you can change all your essential information about selling, payments, and more.
How to set up an eBay Business account
Creating a business account on eBay is pretty much the same as opening a personal account, you will have to provide some extra information, that’s it.
- After you hit the “Register” button from the top left corner of the eBay homepage, you will see a line, saying, “Have a business? Create a business account”, hit on that link, and you will be redirected to another Registration page.
- Put it the business name that you own and going to use while doing business on eBay.
- After putting in the business name, you have the business email field, put in the email address which you use for business purposes, reenter the mail address on the next field.
- Now create a new password and input the business phone number you use. After that, put in the verification numbers you can see on the screen with an input field beneath it.
- Once you put in all the info, recheck them and hit Register. You will be redirected to the eBay homepage again, and you have created your eBay business account.
How to convert a Personal account into a Business account
If you already have a personal account and want to use that account as a business account, you can do so after converting it into a business account.
- Log in to your eBay account and hit the “My eBay” button to the top right corner and navigate to the “Personal Info” Tab.
- Now navigate to the “account type” tab and hit the “account settings” button, you can see an “Edit” button there, It allows you to convert your personal account into a business account.
- If eBay asks you to log in again, do it and start putting in all your business information and hit “Save”
eBay is a great way for brand marketing, and it’s also a great site for bidding as well. You can do a great business if you get to know all the expert tips, make sure you reach out to the expert sellers around you to know more about the selling hacks.
You must lessen all the hassle of financial transactions while doing business with eBay. Keep a proper record of all your business and taxation papers; it will help you with the hassle at the end of the year.